Introduction to utPLSQL
- User Guide
Have a look at our demo project.
With just three simple steps you can define and run your unit tests for PLSQL code.
- Install the utPLSQL framework
- Create Unit Tests to for the code
- Run the tests
Here is how you can simply create tested code, unit tests and execute the tests using SQL Developer
You can use the utPLSQL command line client utPLSQL-cli to run tests without the need for Oracle Client or any IDE like SQLDeveloper/TOAD etc.
Amongst many benefits they provide ability to:
- see the progress of test execution for long-running tests - real-time reporting
- use many reporting formats simultaneously and save reports to files (publish)
- map your project source files and test files into database objects
If you want to have code coverage gathered on your code , it’s best to use
ut_run to execute your tests with multiple reporters and have both test execution report as well as coverage report saved to a file.
Check out the coverage documentation for options of coverage reporting